Tuesday, March 23, 2010

thoughts about the Collaborative Renditions Installation

I am interested in installations that perhaps through user participation allow for one to see another anew. The television/computer screen has appeared to render our bodies meaningless. I am interested in how through the use of such autonomous mediums, I can render meaning that manifests itself in the flesh. By this I mean, through the participatory experience, there is a meeting between two individuals that creates a dialogue, an exchange that could be verbal and/or physical. I am interested in the capabilities of video to capture genuine human emotion, presented cinematically (though what is being enacted isn’t false), through the possibilities present within a given situation. It is an attempt to awake from hypnosis and celebrate the joys of life.

No comments: